With all of the foods, treats, and deserts surrounding you this holiday season, it’s important that you take good care of your smile. However, with the help of your dentist, you will have the best oral health possible. Here are five reasons why you should be grateful for your dentist this holiday season:
1. Your dentist provides dental cleanings: Dental cleanings are extremely important when it comes to improving and maintaining your oral health. Each day, plaque lives and grows on the surfaces of your teeth. Brushing and flossing will remove some of it—but not all of it. However, the dental cleaning will remove all of the plaque and tartar on your smile. Without this treatment, you will likely develop gum disease, which is a painful condition that results in loose and lost teeth.
2. Your dentist offers cosmetic dentistry: Cosmetic dentistry is a great way to improve the appearance of your smile. There are many options available, and with the help of your dentist, you will have the most beautiful smile for the holiday season. All of your imperfections will be corrected and you will finally have a smile you are proud of.
3. Your dentist can help you with preventive dentistry: Preventive dentistry is a branch of dentistry that helps you prevent dental issues, like tooth decay and gum disease. With your dentist’s preventive measures, you will be able to fight dental cavities and other dental problems throughout the holidays.
4. Your dentist can restore your smile with restorative dentistry: If you have any problems, like a toothache or bleeding gums, your dentist will swiftly come to your aid and help you with restorative dentistry. No one wants to go through the holidays with oral pain, and your dentist is here to help you if you ever need it.
5. Your dentist gives you the proper oral hygiene tips: With the proper oral hygiene and smile care, your teeth and gums will remain in tip-top shape, even after all of the sugary treats you eat. If you brush your teeth every morning and every night, floss your smile once a day, and rinse your mouth with mouthwash daily, you are on the right track.
So, as you sit around your dinner table and talk about the many things you are grateful for, why not include your dentist on the list?
If you have any questions or if you would like to schedule an appointment, call our office today and talk to a member of our team. We look forward to hearing from you!