If you are pregnant, it’s very important to take good care of your smile. Along with keeping up on oral hygiene and dental visits, it’s also vital to have the best nutrition possible so you can prevent dental issues and keep your baby safe. To help you have a top-notch diet, our Ideal Smile Dentistry team recommends doing the following things:
· Eat as many healthy foods as possible, like fruits, vegetables, whole grain products (like cereal, breads, and crackers), and dairy products.
· Eat fewer sugary foods, like candy, cookies, and cake. We also encourage you to stay away from the sugary drinks as much as possible.
· Choose to eat healthy snacks, like fruits, veggies, cheese, and yogurt.
· Drink as much water and milk as possible throughout the day instead of juices and soft drinks. Also, try to drink as much fluoridated water as possible.
· If you have trouble with nausea, try to eat small, healthy snacks throughout the day.
For more information on nutrition during pregnancy, please feel free to call 706.257.7374 and talk to our caring dental team. We also encourage you to schedule an appointment with Dr. Jonathan Hwang if you have fallen victim to any dental issues. We are here to help you!